Christmas is fast approaching, so we here at Irish Export Co-operative thought we would help you get ready with our ‘12 Days of Christmas Top Tips on Exporting 2013’ for SME out there.
Now that Christmas fast approaching and everyone up for some holiday cheer, it might be useful to focus on some top tips for the holiday period and beyond. If you are a small, medium or micro enterprise
- Sign up with the Irish Export Cooperative to reduce the cost of international courier deliveries for just €30 a year. Join other SMME’s shipping this Christmas through exportcoop.ie
- The best way to make sure deliveries are made successfully and on time, is to make sure all the contact information is correct and that a valid phone number is on the shipment label.
- Make sure all goods travelling outside the EU are accompanied by a Proforma invoice listing the quantity and value of the goods being shipped.
- Make sure that the goods you are shipping will be accepted into the receiver’s country. For example alcohol cannot be shipped to the USA.
- The last day for collections to be made for deliveries to the EU and the USA / Canada is December the 21st.
- Make sure goods are packaged correctly so they will not be damaged throughout the transit.
- Ship as early as possible due to high volumes and possible weather delays.
- If shipping to a private address, it can be beneficial to use a business address where possible in case the receiver may not be home
- Track your package and sign up for notifications on the movement of every shipment
- Keep your customers happy and follow up with an email to confirm the delivery, including a quick survey on well you have done
- Publicise your packaging ability on Facebook, Twitter and other social media channels. Show your customers the hard work that goes on at this time of year!
- The personal touch works this time of year so Why not add some cheer? Add a Christmas card or handwrite a short note.
Have a safe and pleasant Christmas. Ship well this holiday season and New Year!